Interior designer Aruna Kalita shares some secrets that will help you give your house the deserved face-lift without going over your budget.
- When re-decorating the living room, zone in the sofa. Changing the upholstery can help give it a new and fresh look.
- Big, colorful pillows are economical, practical and fashionable.
- Do away with the big TV unit and hang the television on the wall, give it some nice lighting effects and behind the TV, make use of simple paneling or wallpaper.
- There are two kinds of lights, warm light and cool light. These lights must be placed around the room in such a way that the warm lights are not in use when the cool lights are on.
- Nowadays, the concept of an open kitchen is becoming very popular. Installing a modular kitchen gives the user access to more space and the ability to extend if need be.
- Also, you will notice that the concept of open-plan kitchen-dining room is very much in vogue. This makes optimum use of the space, and at the same time gives you the liberty to use the space to entertain guests and family.
- Opt for a walk-in wardrobe. It is easier to manage and organize because they come with many compartments.
- To enhance the look of the bed, you can add a strip of light to the lining so that it can be used as a night light.
- Of late, platform beds have been in demand. One advantage of using a platform bed is that you can use it in multiple ways. You can use the space on the side as a bed-side table or if you arrange pillows and cushions, it can be used as a sitting area as well.
- The simplest change that you can make in the bathroom is to change the mirror, the bigger the mirror, the more spacious the bath will look.
- Usually, there is a window behind the cistern, this space is mostly ignored and not used in any way. Since nowadays most bathrooms have exhaust fans, there is no need for an open window. The window can be closed and converted to a small niche to keep scented candles and other bath stuff.
- To create more space in the bathroom, wall mounted toilets are a good option.