The Hornbill Festival is an annual carnival organized in Kisama, Nagaland in the month of December. The schedule includes cultural shows, local food stalls, music concerts, contests and more. People from all over the world travel to Kisama to be part of this unique festival, here are some reasons why you should do the same –
- You get to meet and interact with people of all ages from all across the country and beyond, imagine how many new friends you will make.
- You don’t have to stay in a stuffy hotel room; there are many options in and around Kisama where you can pitch a tent and camp under the stars.
- Hornbill night carnivals are a lot of fun; you can get temporary tattoos done, eat local food, and buy cute party accessories and more.
- The Hornbill Rock Contest is a favourite among music lovers; talented bands from across the region and the country take part.
- When you fell thirsty, you can enjoy the local beer; it’s yummy and gets you in a nice mood to enjoy all that the festival has to offer.
By Meeta Borah
Pictures by Uddipta Sankar Pathak