- Prashant Kishor, a 35-year-old former health specialist of the United Nations was the most trusted political strategist of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He had been working with Modi since December 2011.
- When a number of young professionals were reaching out to Modi’s office expressing an interest to work with him, it was Kishor who organised India’s first effective public action committee (PAC), an instrument that has transformed the US campaign landscape.
- Kishor played a pivotal role in the massive victory of Narendra Modi during the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. He started an NGO- Citizens for Accountable Governance which played a decisive role in leveraging social media in Modi’s favour in the last election.
- Though he was in the good books of Modi, but reportedly there were some differences between Kishor and BJP president Amit Shah which led him to desert the BJP.
- During the recent Bihar Assembly elections, he managed the campaign of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. Besides, he has also been hired as election strategist in Tanzania for their ruling party.
It is to be mentioned here that Prashant Kishor is presently in Guwahati. He has reportedly been chalking out plans for a Congress victory next year. The poll strategist arrived in Guwahati on Thursday evening and was accompanied by MP Gaurav Gogoi. He is scheduled to meet Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi.