Guwahati Cine Club is celebrating its Golden Jubilee year with various programs. One of them is a workshop on Crowd Funding for budding filmmakers of the region. Organized in association with Women Making Films, this two-day workshop on February 27 and 28 will take place at Kanaklal Barua auditorium of Assam State Museum. Filmmaker Vaishnavi Sundar will conduct the workshop. There will be screening of a few select films from India and UK, USA, France, Romania and Belgium.
Five things to know about crowd funding –
- Crowd Funding is a method of funding a project or venture by raising small amount of money, from a large number of people, typically via the internet.
- Some of the most popular crowd funding websites in India are Ketto, Wishberry, Catapult, FundDreamsIndia, Start51 etc.
- There are three main types of crowd funding: rewards-based crowd funding, equity-based crowd funding, donation-based crowd funding.
- Crowd funding gained popularity and was brought into mainstream society by the art and music communities.
- Crowd funding is better suited for a one-time project. It is not completely viable for a long term funding strategy. Angel investors and venture capitalists are better ideas for a startup.