Diana Khumanthem, a young girl from Manipur recently made headlines by securing 24th rank in the prestigious Civil Service Examinations, conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Even though Diana’s achievement spread like fire in every corner of the region soon after the declaration of UPSC result on Tuesday, however, there are lesser known facts about this achiever from Manipur.
- In the year 2007, Diana topped the Board of Secondary Education Manipur (BSME) exams. Subsequently, in 2009, she topped the Higher Secondary examination (Science).
- When most of her contemporaries aspired to become a doctor or engineer after completing class 12th, Diana chose to go for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- In 2012, she secured the highest marks in the BSc examination (Physics hons) in Delhi University.
- In 2015, she cleared the Indian Forest Service (Main) examination which was also conducted by the UPSC. She was ranked 9th in IFS.
- Diana is the daughter of Ibeyaima Devi and Khumanthem Chandramani, IG of Police and Director of Fire Service and MPTC.