Summer in the Northeast does not only mean sweltering heat and humidity, it also means sporadic showers when you least expect, to give locals a respite from the blazing sun. Now, just because it’s pouring outside, doesn’t mean that you cannot step out in style. Here are a few stunning rainy day outfits that will help keep your spirits up even in the gloomy weather.
The Coffee Date
Rain should not spoil your plans to catch up with your favourite gal pal or get together with your new crush you have finally managed to ask out after weeks of anxiety. Team up chic high-waited shorts with a simple tank top and accessorize with a funky bag and earrings. Since you may have to step in or around a few puddles to reach your destination, opt for stylish crocs that dry easily.
- Beige Printed Shorts by All About You from Deepika Padukone (Myntra)
- Blue Cowl Back Cami by Basics (Fab Alley)
- Butterfly studs from Lime Road
- Rocket Bag by Skinny Dip (Koovs)
- Sexi Flip Black Sandals by Crocs
The Weekend Brunch
When it’s pouring outside, ditch those jeans in favour of a simple yet elegant dress. Jeans, when wet, can take hours to dry and nobody likes wearing damp clothes. Pair your dress with pretty danglers in a bold colour and chic sling bag. And since you have put so much effort into dressing up, you should not be hiding it underneath a boring black raincoat so invest in a transparent raincoat instead.
- Green Shift Dress by Miss Chase (Myntra)
- Beige Sandals by Tao Paris (Jabong)
- Sling Bag by Celebriti (Koovs)
- Bird Motif Earrings by Eristona (Koovs)
- Raincoat (available on Amazon and Flipkart)
The Girls Night Out
Planning a special night out with your girlfriends but the weather seems uncooperative? Not to worry, you can dress smart so that you can dance the night away and battle a torrential downpour if need be. Pair a simple pair of black leggings with a sexy and colourful crop top. Accessorize with quirky earrings and a bucket sling bag. Instead of your usual pair of heels, opt for flats that are comfortable and dry easily. Also, be sure to carry a colourful umbrella to complete the look.
- Black Leggings (Jabong)
- Rainbow Aztec Crop Top (Fab Alley)
- Gold plated earrings (Lime Road)
- Bucket Sling Bag (Koovs)
- Neon Pink Flats by Crocs
- Multicoloured Umbrella (Flipkart)
This article was first published in Eclectic Northeast July 2016 issue