There are many gyms and fitness centres across the Northeast where you can learn Mixed Martial Arts. Now while boys and men are more than eager to put the gloves on, women and girls seem doubtful if they can keep up. So we put together 5 reasons every woman should consider learning MMA –
- It acts a stress reliever. The pressures of handling work and home can start to get to you sometimes and so it is always better to take out your frustration on the punching bag than lash out at your loved ones. You always tend to feel lighter and calmer after a class.
- You get a good workout, your stamina and strength will increase as you start to progress in class. It’s a good feeling when you no longer feel tired or winded after climbing a few flight of stairs or when you are running errands.
- The best part about joining a MMA class is that you get to learn self-defence. Now, realistically you won’t be able to knock out your opponent but you will be able to put up a fight when you are faced with a difficult situation. It is enough if you can hold your attacker off for a couple of seconds, just till back-up arrives.
- It also gives a confidence boost when you perfect the moves and push your body to do more than you thought it was possible of. You have a positive frame of mind that helps you take on anything life throws you way with a smile on your face.
- You tend to meet a lot of interesting people in class. Over time, you will bond with the people you spar with. The bonds grow when you push each other to reach higher fitness goals.