If you love books then you need to create a relaxing reading nook where you can escape to whenever you have some time on your hands or where you can sit back with a good book when you don’t feel like heading out of the house. Here are some things that you need to keep in mind –
- If you have any space in the house like an attic, old playroom or an awkward corner, that is not being used then you can turn it into a reading nook.
- It is great if natural light brightens the space, if not, then you should invest in a good floor lamp. The light should be enough to read without straining your eyes.
- Make sure the space offers privacy; tall bookcases or shelves or screens can help you do just that.
- Your reading nook should be colourful but not so much that it distracts you from the book. Try pastel shades to make the space look more warm and inviting.
- Decorate the space! Put up minimal posters of your favourite books and characters to add some personality to the space.
- Comfortable seating is a priority, invest in a good recliner and fluffy cushions that offer good back support and comfort while reading.