17 business leaders from the Northeast will be awarded with Vasundhara NE Woman Entrepreneur of the Year awards on 26 April. Apart from the 17 state awardees, 5 exceptionally successful women entrepreneurs from the region will also be inducted into the Vasundhara Hall of Fame.
The state awardees for 2015-16 are
- Tage Rita, India’s first Kiwi wine brewer from Arunachal Pradesh
- Malamoni Hazarika, M/s Kamdhenu Industries (food processing), Assam
- H Subhra Devi, M/s Meira Foods, Manipur
- Dasumarlin Majaw, Organic coffee producer from Meghalaya
- Zonunsangii, handicrafts, Mizoram
- Karen Yepthomi, Dzukou Kitchen, Nagaland
- Smita Rai, M/s Namchi Designer’s Candle, Sikkim
- Putul Saha, transporter, Tripura
The state awardees for 2016-17 are
- Techie Anna, Handicrafts, Arunachal Pradesh
- Neera Sarmah, bamboo craft, Assam
- Dr Ashem Sundari Devi & Geetashoru Yumnam, organic bio fertlisers, Manipur
- Dolly Khonglah, Social entrepreneur, Meghalaya
- Zomawii Hrahsel, Bakery industry, Mizoram
- Chimi Ongmu Bhutia, handicrafts, Sikkim
- Pratima Saha, handloom and handicrafts, Tripura
The title winner for the two years from amongst the above 17 state awardees will be declared on 26 April during the award ceremony.
The Vasundhara Hall of Fame awardees are Babita Baruah, Managing Partner, GTB India, (WPP Group) and Krishna Sarmah, Corporate Law Group from Assam, Ng Bimolata Devi and Chirom Indira from Manipur and both working in the handloom and handicrafts sector and Jesmina Zeliang from Nagaland who is working in the handicrafts sector and are all known in the international level for their business excellence.
The Vasundhara NE Woman Entrepreneur of the Year is Northeast India’s first and one-of-a-kind award and felicitation programme founded in 2012. Organised by Sreemanta Sankar Mission of Guwahati, the programme is partnered by the PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry and supported by the Ministry of DoNER and the Ministry of Skill Development &Entrepreneurship.