It’s 2019 and it is time we thought seriously about protecting the natural wonders around us. It is not possible for all of us to leave our jobs and pursue conservation full-time but that does not mean that we cannot do anything worthwhile to preserve and protect environment. One of the best ways to care for the planet is to recycle.
Recycling has a positive impact on the environment since the surroundings are clean and devoid of waste materials that can lead to pollution. Many people are currently unable or unwilling to recycle properly because the process often requires a series of changes in one’s life. But we need to remember that recycling can be done at home, and taught to young children as a good habit to be nurtured.
Here are tips to help you recycle —
- Use eco-friendly bags. Say goodbye to plastic bags.
- Keep in mind that all plastic bottles can be recycled. So, make sure to put the water bottles, mayonnaise containers, sauce bottles and the like in your recycling container.
- Remember that glass can be recycled endlessly so don’t throw out your old glass bottles and containers with the trash. Recycle them!
- If you love gardening then you should look up compositing. You can use vegetables and fruits waste to make compost that will help your plants grow.
- Have two bins at home, one for recyclable items and the other for general waste.
- Find ways to recycle water. Use the water that you use to cook pasta or wash rice and pulses to water your plants.
Although, do keep in mind to rinse any container/bottle before placing it in the recycle bin, so that it doesn’t attract pests.
Following these simple steps will help you contribute towards preserving the environment. So, don’t wait, start today!
By Madhusmita Saikia