Initiated by Y Vikheho Swu, Minister of PWD (Road & Bridges), the festival will be held at Pughoboto Town from November 14 to 16. Thuwu-ni Festival will be a 3-day event. The main highlight of the festival is that it will showcase agricultural produce of the region, traditional games and songs, and more.
What to Expect?
- Artistes like Amit Paul, Guru Reuben Mashangva, INCIPIT, Dreamz Unlimited and more will perform at the event.
- Experience indigenous sports and games like Akikiti (Sumi Kick Fight Championship) , Kakapo (Bamboo Stilt Race), Asu Gari (Wooden Kart Race), Ami Kukula (Traditional Fire Making) and more.
- Indulge in local delicacies at the tribal food court serving varieties of indigenous Sumi delicacies.
- Take part in ‘Enduro’ cycling race, where cyclists from different parts of the country will be participating.
- Experience a stunning fashion show where the show stopper will be none other than India’s Top Next Model finalist Gloria Tep.
Where to Stay?
You can choose to set up your tent at the camping sites complete with proper toilet facilities. Alternatively you can also choose to stay at a home-stay and experience the local culture and hospitality.